Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Wonder Years

Joel and I met 6 years ago- the last Sunday in April 2002- at our BYU ward "Break the Fast". SIX YEARS AGO! I know some of you 'ole married folk say that's a drop in the hat... I guess it's true that the older you get the quicker time passes!

I wanted to share a few pics of the early years of Joel and me. Most of these are pics of pics, so I apologize if they are not that clear...
This was the first picture we took together...pretty telling of how our relationship was in the beginning. ;)Summer 2002

This was taken in my apartment shortly after we were "exclusive" - meaning we weren't making out with anyone else- August 2002

One of many road trips- this one to Boulder, CO to watch BYU get spanked by Airforce October 2002

Another football game- night games were my favorite! November 2002

---We broke up for 2.5 months in April 2003---

One of our first nights back together- late night hike followed by running through sprinklers- June 2003

We drove across the country to help Joel's brother move to Washington DC- August 2003

Trip to Portland to meet my Dadio-October 2003

Casey and Jamie's Wedding- January 2004
I was a bridesmaid and caught the bouquet- he caught the garder- five months later we were engaged!

One of my fav's

General Conference (Thanks for the great seats Laurie) - April 2004
<
One of our engagement pics- June 2004


Ahhh, the memories!

6 comments:

Lyndsie and Daniel said...

Doesn't time fly when you're having fun? Daniel and I will have been married for five years in May. You guys are such a darling couple. You seem truly happy, Whit!

Laur said...

you look so good together. Its good to see some of these older pictures since i wasn't around when you were dating (since you were out at...cough cough BYU.....
My favorite is the one of you in the red dress, your hair looks amazing.
By the way I think you are soooo gorgeous.
I truly wish you lived here so we could spend time together, I bet our husbands would get along great.

Colleen said...

You guys are so dang cute. Definitely the most photogenic people in our family by a landslide!

Johnathan and Mackenzie said...

No pictures of Joel, sitting at a dimly lit PF Changs booth, as you slowly stirred his special sauce.

Chad and Sara said...

Love all of these pics from back in the day. You to are so cute! I have to agree with Lauren that you look beautiful in that red dress.

scott and linds said...

you guys are so so cute! I love all the pics- AND I'm proud to say that I think I even remember taking a couple of those treasures =) love you guys.