Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Whitney-isms

My cousin Kristen tagged me to write some random facts about me...I am a pretty open person, so some of you may know these, but here goes nothin'!

1. I hate playing games. Growing up I played my fair share, especially at Bear Lake with friends and cousins, and always sucked at most of them. Phase 10, rook, speed, scattegories- you name it, I always lost or was eliminated first. Now that I am older and wiser, I just avoid them. Luckily Joel is not much of a gamer either, so we're a good match.

2. I have really ugly feet, just ask my husband. He calls them Bruce Hatch feet(named after my Pops). I have already had bunion surgery and they are just pretty gnarly looking. I like to think its because I am so active and hard on my feet, but I think I just got some bad genetics. Next time you see me, I'll let you be the judge!

3. I'm a frady-cat and hate being home alone at night. When Joel is gone overnight for work trips or on scout campouts, I turn of my bedroom light and run and jump in bed. You know, so the bad guy who's hiding under my bed can't grab my feet! I know I am a total dork, but I have always had some sort of complex and been paranoid since I was little. I better "grow" out of that before I have kids!

4. I rarely wash my hair. Yes, I confess I wash it 2, maybe 3 times a week. Gross is what you're thinking, right? Well, I have naturally curly, thick hair that tends to be on the dry side. With my job, I can take up to 3 showers a day and if I wash my hair, that adds a good 30-40 minutes on to my getting ready time because it takes forever to dry and then straighten. Its all about efficiency!

5. No one better interrupt my sleep time! I get so grouchy if I am awakened from a nap or even if I fall asleep on the couch at night and Joel (being nice) tries to get me to go to bed. If I fall asleep on the lovesac or couch, leave me alone! Joel has learned (from experience) and would rather sleep alone than face the wrath of sleepy Whitney.

6. If I am hungry, I am hungry and nothing gets in my way. I always have to have a snack in my car and purse just in case. I tend to be a grazer, so if I miss a mini-meal or snack, watch out!

3 comments:

Laur said...

kay so we are alike on the don't wake me part and the grazer part. I rarely eat meals unless they are prepared for me by my mom or if we are out to eat. and just like Joel Corey knows the evil laurie comes out when i am between wake and sleep. BUT....
WHY ON EARTH DO YOU SHOWER SOMETIMES THREE TIMES A DAY?
just go ahead and answer that one on your next post :)

David and Jodee said...

Wow Whit we have quite a bit in common......I am TERRIFIED of the dark and now that we're going to have a little rugrat what am I to do? Our kids will be screaming of the monster in the closet and I'll just be like "Yeah I know his brother lives in our closet!" I think I have you beat...I'm afriad to watch "Sleeping Beauty" sad I know. BTW I TOTALLY LOVE Fitness Friday which if you noticed today is FRIDAY!!!

Ashley Johnson said...

Hey Whit! I just saw your comments on my blog (I know, I'm slow). I'm glad I found yours! We do need to chat soon, though I hear you're in Arizona. . .