Thursday, April 10, 2008

Arizona

Last weekend my mom flew my SIL Heather, niece Berkleigh, Grammy, lil' sis Makenna, herself, and me to AZ for a girls get-a-way weekend. My brother Ryan, his wife Angelica, and their daughter Layla live in AZ, so we thought we would get out of our cold climates and go South for some SUN! We decided this is a new tradition in our family!
It was soo nice to soak up the sun and spend time with the ladies. Unfortunately, my niece Layla wound up so sick Friday night that she had to go the ER and was sick all weekend- so that put a damper on some of our plans. It didn't matter though- the company was great and the weather was to die for!! Early morning runs, all day at the pool, girl-talk, and conference- it cant get much better than that.
Only regret: not enough pictures. I bought my nieces and sister adorable coordinating outfits, but didnt get ANY pics cause Layla would have spewed all over them! Poor girl...

Little sis Makenna w/ adorable niece Layla


Niece Berkleigh...couldn't you just eat her up?

4 comments:

scott and linds said...

SO SO SO CUTE!! I'm jealous! That sounds like so much fun lady! I can't believe how BIG McKenna is! WOW- that girl. Miss you. xoxox

tell mamma mum and granny i say hi ;)

Lyndsie and Daniel said...

Your nieces are darling. I can't believe how big your little sister has gotten! I haven't seen her since she was tiny. Looks like a fun getaway. I can't wait until it's warm enough to swim here.

Chad and Sara said...

Az at this time of year is great! I am so jealous. It snowed again today here in Utah. When will it ever stay warm. Lucky you.

Unknown said...

It was SO great to have you guys here! I'm sorry Layla got sick, but considering the circumstances, I still had a blast. Thanks for making the long trip out. You're welcome anytime! Love ya!