Friday, April 18, 2008

4 Months

It has been 4 months today since we found out we lost our little O'Neill. Although the loss was the HARDEST trial I have encountered thusfar, I have learned so many things that have shaped me into a more appreciative, loving, and grateful woman.

I would like to share a few:
1. Life is truly a gift. Never, ever take it for granted.
2. Parenthood is a sacred responsibility and opportunity to experience Heaven on earth. (No, I'm not naive. I know some days are hell on earth too!)
3. Although OUR time table did not coincide with the His, I know Heavenly Father knows what's best for our family and I have more faith in Him and His plan for us.

5 comments:

Colleen said...

:(

You guys will be amazing parents when the time comes. I'm so glad you're able to take some good things from your experience.

Laur said...

You are wonderful Whit. You will be an amazing mother, and you will appreciate your next little o'neil more because of what you went thru.
I love you!

Kristen said...

Wow Whit. You know sometimes I think that we experience things so that we can better relate and help others too. It's easy to say but really hard to accept that your time will come when the time is right. Love Ya!

scott and linds said...

He has a way for each of us and teaches us what we need when we may not even realize it. It all works out and its amazing what those trials bring about. You guys are going to be the best parents ever! I can't wait for you little O'neils! =)

Colbert said...

I'm amazed with how open you are about how hard it it. I would agree that for me also losing the last two babies had been the hardest things I have ever been thur.