Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Husbands are funny

So, as you know, Joel and I are leaving town. Every time we leave town, I am always in a rush to finish packing and be ready on time, no matter HOW much time I allow myself. Some may call it poor planning, but its my way and it works for me.
Joel is one of "those" who considers it poor planning, and it drives him NUTS. He, on the other hand, is what I consider an overload planner- so much so that he typed up a list of what to pack- my favorite being "quick dry clothing- pants, shorts, shirt"(see below). Good thing he specified articles of clothing! I mean, seriously, he even planned out every single day of our vacation, half days at a time!! I am way more laid back than he is when it comes to vacation. Vacation is meant to be relaxing. You just go with the flow, take each day, even each moment as it comes. Not for Joel. If he goes somewhere, he has to see EVERYTHING!!
Wish me luck this next week as I hike through the rain forest, go deep sea fishing and river rafting, try to navigate foreign roads(I am map illiterate) because Joel insisted on renting a car, and try to get a tan without laying out- apparently laying out is NOT on our agenda ;). I will be lucky to make it out of there alive!
So long my friends...until we meet again!

"The List"

This post is even more funny if you know Joel!


*I really am excited- I just had to rant a bit*

6 comments:

Colleen said...

Uh oh, you know where he got this from, right? Our dad!!! :)

Have fun on your trip!

Unknown said...

Tevas??? Nooooooo!!!!!!

Is the baby powder to prevent chafing??? Yikes!

Have fun!!!!!!

Chad and Sara said...

I am your husband and Chad is you. So funny that there is always the planner in the relationship and then the laid back person. Hope you have a blast!

David and Jodee said...

Watch it Whit I too am I planner. I literally write down what I am going to wear each day of vacation and on my list I make sure to include the obvious toothbrush, brush etc. I just hate that feeling of forgetting something so one quick look at the checked off list and I'm good to go! Have a fun time! Well atleast try to have a fun time;)

scott and linds said...

That is hilarious! I'm more like you- just go and enjoy it and figure it out when you get there. Gotta love that Joel. =) You better tell him to type laying out in there somewhere because that is a MUST- very much an "activity"

Have fun!

summer said...

great post...definitely made me smile and laugh about our own quirky things we have in our relationship. I'd say that Bryson is the one that would make the list, but he still doesn't start packing until an hour before he needs to leave. It drives me crazy! - because if he's leaving at 5am for some travel, I get woken up to find something, pack some food...or whatever it is that he needs. I guess with kids I've become more of a planner, but don't write everything down...which I probably should because I'll forget things like the toothbrush and then we are trying to go and buy those things right when we get to our destination...so I drive myself crazy sometimes as well! Hope your trip is great --- can't wait to see pictures and new posts about it all.