Saturday, April 26, 2008

Crazy Legs

Crazy Legs is an 8k(5 mile) race put on by UW-Madison to raise money for their athletic department. One of Joel's vendors at work is a sponsor for the event and every year they get a big group together to participate. Last year Joel had a church commitment (yeah right) so he couldn't do it, but we all know he just didn't want his wife to beat him, so this was his first year and my second. The best part about the whole race is that they give each runner two free beers when you finish- only in Wisconsin!

Getting frisky after a couple of beers- no, not really I just look like it!

Although the weather was freaking cold(too say it lightly) and incredibly windy, the sun peeked through the clouds a little and it ended up being a really good temp for running. When we finished the race, it was freezing again- nothing is worse than warm sweat turning to cold sweat!



I am particularly proud of my hubby- his goal was to make it under 37 minutes and he did it! I shaved 4 minutes off my time from last year, so I was happy too!

Bib Number Last Name First Name Time Place Gender
1272 O'Neil Joel 36:51 1096 M
1273 O'Neill Whitney 40:27 2486 F
755 O'Neill Aaron 42:21 3416 M
7599 O'Neil Micaela 44:32 4683 F
836 O'Neil Dan 48:42 6993 M
7600 O'Neill Heidi 55:49 9207 F

That's right, out of all the O'Neill's, Joel and I were 1st and 2nd--we don't settle for anything less-- haha, yeah right!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Way to go Whit. That's awesome. So did all of Joel's family run or something? Who are all those O'neils?

Chad and Sara said...

I love running races, not the big ones but 3-5 miles I'm in. Its always nice to improve on your time to. Great job and mabey next year your hubby will pick up the pace. He He.

Vic, Linds, and the girls... said...

Good Job on running a race. I really need to get on the ball, I swear I am the only one that doesn't run! You look darling, as usual!:)

Laur said...

Way to go, but we both know that your title "crazy legs" has double meaning ;) you have always been known for your hot amazing legs :)
totally jealous.
Love ya

scott and linds said...

You go girl! and husband!! Great time and you O'neils are rockin! That looks like a fun run- i need to start something up like that. And SUUUUUUUUUURE you didn't drink the beer- i see JOel trying to hold you up. ;)