Thursday, November 20, 2008

Winter

Old Man Winter is breathing down our throats. We already have to scrape our windshields, we already have to wear tons of extra layers in our house just to stay warm, even with the heat on. We already have to wear our puffy coats with our scarfs and gloves to avoid becoming an ice sculpture the second we walk outside. But, this winter I am actually quite excited. Excited, you ask?

Yes, it means that in less than a week my family arrives to celebrate Thanksgiving, Milwaukee style. It means that in 6 weeks Santa comes to town. It means in 8 weeks our most precious gift arrives. It means in 14 weeks we get enjoy some surf and sun in Hawaii.

I have so much to look forward to, I don't even think I will mind the dark, dreary, hell hole we live in! However, I reserve the right to change my mind.

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Yeah for winter! it's still gets up in the high 70s here.

I just want you to know that there is a great lack of pictures of preggo Whitney and happy dad Joel on your blog as of late! Get to it!

Colleen said...

That's awesome that your family is coming for Thanksgiving! And I'm glad you have a lot to look forward to over the next several chilly months. I can't wait for the 8 week one! :)

Unknown said...

I wish it were winter here. I sweat in jeans and a tee shirt. Blasted Phoenix!

Unknown said...

While you're in Hawaii look for the missionaries... you just might find Zach.