Monday, November 3, 2008

Whirlwind Weekend

WARNING: TMI? You decide...
This past weekend I was able to go to Utah for my sisters' baptism...yes I have an 8 year old sister!

I was only there about 72 hours but it was full of events and surprises for my family and me.

Thursday:
I flew in Thursday night and my mom sent my little brother Tyler to baggage claim to pick up "new wheels" for a car Mike just bought in Chicago. He really did buy a car in Chicago, but I was the "new wheels". When he saw me he was super surprised and excited. It was fun way to start out the weekend.

Friday:
Awakened at 5:30 to go workout with my mom and her trainer. My mom is one tough cookie and looks better than she ever has...way to go mom!

We rushed home and I awakened Makenna to surprise her- she didn't know I was coming either. We got her dressed in her Halloween get-up and sent her off to school. My mom and I got ready and went to Kenna's school for her Halloween parade and classroom party. My mom is the room mom so she was in charge of the whole thing- it was so fun to see the kids in their costumes and feel the excitement of Halloween again.

After the party we went to an adorable baby store called Baby Babinski to look at cribs and such. Most cribs have an 8-12 week delivery wait-- I better get on it! Have you heard of pee-pee teepee's?? Hilarious!

We then hit up Cafe Rio for a late lunch--- so yummy!

We ran to Baby USA and JoAnn's Fabric to search for baby bedding to no avail. Why am I so picky??

It was getting late in the afternoon so we headed back home to get ready for trick-or-treaters. We stopped by my brother's house to see his cute daughter Berkleigh- she was a lady bug- and did some early trick-or-treating around her neighborhood.


The rest of the night we passed out candy and went to Target to get some last minute goods for Saturday.

Saturday:
9am - Makenna's soccer game
11am- Makenna's baptism open house*
4pm- Makenna's baptism
6pm- Makenna's piano recital

* My mom is so sneaky!! This was really a surprise baby shower for me. We got home from the soccer game and my mom was in a huge rush. I asked her several times what I could do to help and she kept saying, "Just go get ready and help me when you're done."
She came downstairs at 11:10 and told me my aunt and uncle were there to see me-- and to come up as soon as I could. I really wasn't even done getting ready but I threw clothes on and went upstairs. This is who I saw:

My high school girlfriends!!! I thought that was the extent of the surprise, but there was more. Around noon, ladies from my moms ward and neighborhood starting pouring in. I figured they were there for Makenna's open house, but they were all there for me! I was so overwhelmed that I was sweating bullets! More people kept coming -- my G-ma who I haven't seen in 4 years, all my aunts, old friends, in-laws--everyone!! My mom didn't leave anyone out!! Thank you to everyone who was part of the surprise!! The shower went until about 3:15, then we had to get ready for the baptism!
Kenna and me:


I am so glad I was able to share Kenna's special day with her. She couldn't stop giving me hugs and even made me a cute little tile that says "love". She was great at sharing the spotlight!

I flew out Sunday right after church and returned to my sweet hubby. He detailed my car and even did the laundry-- love him!!

6 comments:

Colleen said...

You looked so cute! I'm so glad we were able to come see you at the shower. Your mom is awesome to come up with such a great surprise!

Kristen said...

I wish I could have been there Whit. You are so cute. Berleigh looks so adorable. She has changed so much and looks tons older. I'm glad you had fun with them. Hey,what are you plans for Thanksgiving and Christmas? You want to come to DC?

scott and linds said...

i LOVE this post because I miss you and your adorable family! I can NOT believe that Kenna is 8!? WHAT!!!?? I am starting to feel really old now! Your mom is the best and how fun is a surprise baby shower! awesome. looking good lady- you are the cutest pregnant girly ever! loving your long hair too ;)

Chad and Sara said...

You look great and so happy. Sounds like so much fun! Love that cutie in the lady bug costume, so adorable!

Teisa Linscott said...

I am bummed I missed your shower. I really wanted to come but we were giving my sister a shower at that same time. I would have loved to see you.

Unknown said...

It was so great to see you this weekend. As far as baby bedding goes you ought to check out etsy.com. They have so much cute, crafty, down-home stuff.