Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Death of us...

You know what gets me going more than anything else? Car problems!!!
I have never had issues with any cars until recently and now I am making up for the last 5 years of ease.
We just finished paying off my car in June and now of course, are having a myriad of problems. I won't bore you with the details, but we are so close to my extended warranty expiring- like 600 miles close. The dealership said they cannot fix it because the "problem" does not duplicate/manifest itself regularly- meaning the check engine light does not stay lit. They (the dealership) have seen the problem, but when the warranty guy came out to bid how much our warranty would cover, the car worked just fine. Oh, dont worry, the check engine light just blinks at me while driving and makes my car almost stall from 50-60mph. My car is an automatic... its NOT supposed to stall!
---RANT----
In the meantime, I have been driving Joel's car to spare my car of any extra miles. Yesterday I was picking up my mom and sister from the airport and wanted to meet them inside. I pulled up to the parking ticket distributor and rolled the drivers side window down to get a ticket. I went to roll it up and it was STUCK!! Yes, 30 degrees outside and the window is stuck! I immediately broke into tears. I tried to get it back up but it would not budge.
We made the drive home, window down and all, listening to blaring Christmas music and trying to talk over the frigid airflow.
Joel spent the rest of the night(4 hours) trying to fix it. Poor guy. He has been a trooper with my car and now I break his too?? Well, after disassembling the entire door, he was able to get the window up, but its still not working properly.

Moral of my RANT: be grateful for cars that work. One day you may not be so lucky!

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Car problems are the worst. It's just tons of money that you really shouldn't have to spend. Hasn't Joel had the window problem before? What a bummer.

Jessica said...

I'm so sorry, that is awful and especially right at the begining of these cold winters! I'd hate for you to get stuck somewhere in the cold! I'll be sure to give my car a little pat on the back for its hard work today!

Have so much fun with your fam!

Kristen said...

Do you drive a Honda? We had a problem like that and we had to get a new Transmission. $2000! Don't you just hate cars? It always seems to work like that. Say hi to everyone for me!

Melissa said...

Sucky. I hate car problems. Today in fact we have to get 2 new tires, as one is about to explode so says Brian, and, get this - our window is stuck open too! Only about an inch, but still! We've been having that problem on and off, but it usually closes after a while. This time, no go. So we are having that investigated soon. So annoying! Good luck with everything, hopefully can enjoy your family time!