Sunday, November 16, 2008

MUSIC

Being that it is the month of Thanksgiving, I thought I would share something for which I am grateful.

I am not a musically inclined person. I do not sing well (probably not even on key for that matter), I do not play any instruments, and I do not attempt to lead music. BUT, I love listening to music and it has had a profound affect on me my entire life. It has helped my testimony grow, it has taught me how to be a better person and how to love more, and has brought me comfort countless times. It has the ability to bring back memories- so much so that my senses are heightened when I hear familiar songs- and it reminds me of some very special times and experiences. It is all encompassing.

I am grateful for music and for my ears that allow me to hear.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

When I saw that you were expressing gratitude for music, I hoped you weren't going to say anything about how great Joel can sing. :D

scott and linds said...

I agree! I can hear a certain song and be in the EXACT place where I first heard it or who I was with.. its insane how that works. "Bring IT--WHAT?!"

Miss you, hope you had a VERY happy birthday. love u.xx