Sunday, January 31, 2010

Truth be told.

Carson has been constantly sick for the past 10 weeks.

As I rocked him to sleep for the umpteenth time this morning, I had a little break down. I am tired. Tired of him being sick. Tired of him not sleeping well. Tired of him not being his happy self. Tired of me not remembering what he is like when he is happy. I am just plain tired.

Then, this little beauty popped into my head: il_430xN_118718011

I felt better immediately, knowing that this too shall pass.

Isn’t it amazing how such a small statement can have such a big impact?


Deep breath...

4 comments:

DeAnn said...

I'm sorry Whitney. I hope he gets well soon and is the best little 1,2, 3-year-old (and so on) you could ever wish for. Having a "hard" baby is hard.

Sarah said...

A sick baby = no fun... I am so sorry! I remember Jackson had chronic ear infections after he turned 1 for months and it stunk so bad. We lived at the dr's office. It does get better I promise!

Colleen said...

Isn't that just a perfect mantra for motherhood? I'm sorry Carson's been such a sick boy. Hopefully he'll be better soon. Looking forward to spring!

scott and linds said...

I'm so sorry Whit. It will get better. I love that you always think of the positive and keep moving forward in difficult times. You're a great example to me. Love you. hang in there.... Both of you!