Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Treasure hunting

I absolutely love to ‘hard shop” for things. I don’t mind rummaging through racks. In fact, that is how I prefer to shop. Yes, it takes more time, but I think it is totally worth it.

Growing up I only shopped at malls. Now that I need to be more budget conscious, I almost never step foot in a mall- unless it’s to browse to get ideas or because there is a really good sale.

And, you want to know a little secret? I never, EVER pay full price for clothing items. For that reason, TJMAXX, Marshal’s, Slickdeals, and Nordstrom Rack are my fav’s.

My recent treasures:

  • A pair of Downeast dark Skinny jeans for $13.99.
  • An adorable, sherpa-lined toggle coat for Carson-$7.99.
  • A Victoria’s Secret wool dress coat for $45.                           Regular price:$149
  • A Lands End Long Goose Down coat- $6.99. Yes, you read that right. $6.99!
  • A super cool old window that I am going to repaint and do something with- $10.
  • 3 pair of dress shoes for Joel. $25 each.

While I know I don’t save money by spending money {thank you, honey} these are all things that we “need”.

What are your shopping secrets?

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Coupons!!! I'm still trying to figure out how to save on clothing, etc.

Amanda said...

Unfortunately I don't have any secrets. When it comes to clothing I figure if it fits, I like it, and it is reasonably priced then go for it. I honestly don't have the patience to look through racks and racks of clothes so I could use a little of your patience!

The Pizza Family said...

I so wish we had a marshell's here!! I love love TJ Maxx... and just started going to Ross... I will buy their pictures (ugly paintings in great frames) then i'll take out the painting and put in my own pictures.. great big nice frames for 15 dollars.. It's awesome! Who sales the VS Stuff??