Monday, November 2, 2009

Weekend Warrior

Whew. We had such a fun and busy {Halloween} weekend. I feel like I need another weekend just to recover. Oh wait, I don’t work so every day is like the weekend for me. Man, my life is tough!

Friday night was our annual ward Chili cook-off.  I have submitted chili every year (5 years) and have failed to win anything, so this year I gracefully bowed out of the competition. Instead, we were in charge of an obstacle course for the kids.  I think that suited me better than cooking. Anyone who knows me, knows that is the truth!

Saturday we headed to Madison for the Badger football game. Right before we left we realized our camera battery was almost dead, so we don’t have any pics. Boo. It was fa-reee-zing but so much fun to be at a college football game. 003

After the game we ran home to get our Lil’ Monkey all dressed up for trick-or-treating with the Callister’s. Yup, that is right. We dressed up our 9 month old and took him trick-or-treating. As if he eats candy. I am pretty sure that we enjoyed it WAY more than he did. Nonetheless, he was a good sport and even shared the royalties. What a kid.

008015 019 021

034 038

041

After trick-or-treating, we put the kids to bed enjoyed a delicious pumpkin-baked stew at the Callister’s with the Green’s and Patten’s. The girls chatted while the boys watched football, then we got a little crazy and topped off the evening with a game of UNO. I have to say that the best part of the night was a surprise appearance by David Beckham! He is soo dreamy.

Sunday we headed up to Green Bay. My brother was supposed to fly in to watch the ever-coveted game of Packers VS Vikings but he was unable to make it and gave us his tickets. We weren’t able to take Carson in due to the lame rule that all children, regardless of age need a ticket, so Joel met up my brother’s friend and headed in the game. Carson and I enjoyed the festivities outside the stadium. They had big screens up all over and you could watch the game in parking lot- pretty ingenious for the avid fans who can’t get tickets- and there are many! I didn’t feel like I missed out on the experience of a Packer game at all, besides seeing Brett Favre in person. Those Packer fans are quite a sight, though. WOW.

{For some reason I can’t upload pics of the game so those will have to come later.}

7 comments:

Colleen said...

What a cute little monkey! Hey, Elijah is four and I still eat most of his candy. He doesn't even care!

Yours, Mine, &, Crazy Daisy said...

Love those cute little kiddo costumes!

Unknown said...

So cute! Can't wait to see the little monkey.

scott and linds said...

i love that little monkey!! The family pic is the best- you all look so happy! What a fun halloween! Sorry you couldn't get into the game- such a lame rule!

Patten Family said...

You're right - David Beckham was hot...Lol!

Melissa said...

Darling. That picture of all those warmly-costumed babies on the couch just makes me smile.

Lauren said...

Haha! Cute! I love the monkey costume...Old Navy??? I do love that place.