Monday, August 10, 2009

Meatless

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah!

Obviously I haven't posted pictures of our family reunion. I uploaded them and they were lame-o, so I am waiting for my SIL (ahem, Colleen) to post some on her blog that I can steal OR for her to email them to me.

On another note, if anyone has meatless recipes- sans tofu and pasta- please send them my way. No, we are not going vegetarian. Joel would just like to eat a little less meat. Yes, a man wants more fruits and veggies! I have trained him well, but am quickly running out of ideas for dinner. We may turn into rabbits after all the salad we've been eating.

Oh, and I may just be lucky enough to sneak away for a weekend in October to see my DT grilz of 2001. SO EXCITED!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I started to post some ideas, but it got too long, so I'm emailing you. Miss you guys!

Colleen said...

I just posted some on the family website, you can link to my flickr account from there. Let me know if you want printable files of any of them, they are huge files so I'll have to email them!

Chelsea said...

Ahhhh!!! You better be able to sneak away!!! wooot wooot!

So I have a really yummy butternut squash soup recipe I found... if that seems like something he'd like email me and I'll send it your way... I licked the spoon the whole time I was making it!!!

The Pattens said...

Hmmm....meatless you say. Well, Greg and I just had steak and corn on the cob for dinner tonight (fresh filets from the butcher). Is it a money thing...it is isn't it....Whit, you gotta stop smashing that car! Meatless - I say go Corn. Just eat Corn on the Cob for dinner:)

Chelsea said...

I'm all about bean stuff or eggs when I go meatless...like bean soups (skip the meat and add in extra beans instead), black bean burgers (actually really good! Mashed black beans with bread crumbs and 1 egg, shaped into patties and eaten on buns with salsa...) or something like egg burritos...good luck!

Sarah said...

Whitney we eat mostly meatless. Not that we are vegetarians or anything. I just leave the meat out (unless that is really the only or main ingredient) when a recipe calls for it and substitute with extra veggies, beans or whatever else the recipe consists of.

Yours, Mine, &, Crazy Daisy said...

A lot of summer evenings, we eat sauteed veggies. Mostly from our garden. Last night we had lots of zucchini mixed w/beans, sweet peas, peppers,and onions (corn is really good with it too). We saute it all in EVO oil, add some seasonings (last night it was Italiano-garlic, basil, parsley, oregano, sea salt, fresh ground pepper,and parmesan), throw a lid on and let it simmer, then shred some mozzarella over the top when it's all done. I served it with garlic bread. Mangiare!

Yours, Mine, &, Crazy Daisy said...

Oh..I forgot...tomatoes and a bit of crushed red pepper!