Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Downer


I have caught myself being quite the little Debbie Downer (wa, wa, waaaaaaahhh) lately which is completely NOT my style. What is going on with me? A wierd funk, a little too much extra time on my hands to think and over analyze life? Maybe both, and although my life is not all roses all the time, I do have a pretty great life. So why do I seem to over emphasize the prickly thorns and look past the roses way too often? {This is where you input your thoughts.}

Tonight I made a resolution to do better and to think happier thoughts because I believe, and know we are products of our mind. Only I have the power to choose my thoughts and my reactions.

Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
-- Author Unknown

I mean, I have the life I have always wanted: Motherhood. I would not trade it for the world. Maybe I need to have a little more gratitude and do alot less griping, have a little more kindness in my heart and a little less anger in my mind, a little more charity and alot less selfishness. As I have heard several times:
"That which you are grateful for, you are happy with."

Today I begin my journey upwards...

3 comments:

heather said...

I've been there too. I think we just go through these phases in our lives to see what we will make of it. Once it's long past you will look back and laugh and hopefully have learned what not to do for the next time it happens. I'm still trying to work on this myself, but I think we all feel down sometimes.
I really love the quote by the unknown author. So very true.
Oh, and you are going upward. You have noticed how you need to change, and once that occurs everything else will as well. :)

Colleen said...

It comes with the "stay-at-home" territory, if not just the "life" territory. :) I find that when I start feeling that way, I just need to find a project and get busy! Or have Jim apply for new jobs so I can fantasize about moving. :)

Danny and Lauren's Blog said...

Ugh! Me too! What is MY problem??? Thanks for posting that - it's a reality check for me too! PS Have fun on the surprise get-away. I can;t wait to hear about the adventure!