Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Surprise!

If you know me, you know that I love surprises(who doesn't?) but am usually pretty good at sensing they're coming and spoil them before they happen. Well, today I was completely taken for a ride! My sweet co-workers threw me a surprise baby shower. I have never had a surprise party before, so it was extra special and fun! Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures. Infact, I had just worked out (still sweaty) and was in the middle of my "annual review" when the manager came up and asked me to go in the back for a second. I walked in to the conference room- full of people, balloons, gifts and food-and still didn't know what was going on. It finally hit me that all this was for ME and I started bawling. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! We are so lucky to have such great friends here.

7 comments:

Jodee Luke said...

I totally knew about it!!! I almost said something to Joel on Saturday but thankfully I stopped myself! Yeah for showers!

Colleen said...

Aw, what a sweet bunch! I'm really glad you guys have such great friends there too. If you can't be here hanging out with your sistas-in-law, I'm glad you have some good substitutes. :)

scott and linds said...

So I've come to your page a million times and I thought I commented but I didn't.. your belly is ADORABLE!!! you are the cutest pregnant mom ever! Not that I thought you wouldn't be- but seriously- you're gonna be one hot mamma lady!

Yeay for surprise showers! That is so wonderful to have such great people there who love you so much!

xx

Kristen said...

How fun! I hope you got some great stuff.

Sarah said...

That is so sweet! Now that I am thinking of it, I don't think my work ever threw me a surprise shower. You must be one of their most favorite trainers.

Teisa Linscott said...

Pictures are coming soon. I am waiting for my kitchen to be all the way done. Hopefully this week. Keep checking. How are you? You little belly is mighty cute. Do you have names? My sister having a boy in Dec. crazy huh?

Teisa Linscott said...

Pictures are coming soon. I am waiting for my kitchen to be all the way done. Hopefully this week. Keep checking. How are you? You little belly is mighty cute. Do you have names? My sister having a boy in Dec. crazy huh?