Thursday, October 9, 2008

Brutally. honest.

At work yesterday I was chatting with another female trainer and she asked how I was feeling.
I replied, "Feeling well, just chubby".
She, be the kind soul that she is, said, "You must feel worse than you look."
Then, not two seconds later a male trainer (who I havent seen in a couple of weeks) walked by, having no idea what we were saying and said, " Wow, you're getting BIG!"

Who would you believe? I go with the man. Brutal, but Honest.

Pics to come this weekend!

** After a few comments, I want to clarify that I am NOT feeling sorry for myself. I just wanted to point out how men and women handle similar situations so differently.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Whit, I think you look great!Being a woman, you know that women look at other women probably more than men do. And we all know men just don't know anything :)I think she was right.

Chelsea said...

Hee hee. Loved the story...get ready for more incidents of that. :) But, since I am ALSO a trainer...I think I'm being perfectly honest when I say that of COURSE you are bigger...but only in a cute pregnancy way. :) Anyway, hope you don't mind that I found your blog through a friend's...feel free to blog-stalk me back at rowanfamilyblog.blogspot.com. I'll be seeing you around the WAC. :) --Chelsea Rowan

Unknown said...

When men say things like that, they don't mean it in a cruel way. They think that since pregnant women are supposed to get bigger, it's akin to saying "Wow, your hair is getting long." It's part of the whole being from Mars thing. If he meant it in a rude way, he would have said you were getting fat, which I'm sure you're not.

Laur said...

The comments are different, a girl means "holy cow she looks so small other than that baby bump"
and the mens are, "whoa that baby bump is getting huge"
thats all it is sweety. please post pics!
by the way can you email me your phone number i lost it somehow

Colleen said...

I can't wait to see photos!!!