Monday, October 6, 2008

Just call me...

Becky Home-ecy!
I had never heard that term until today, and I laughed so hard. One of my clients called me that when she asked me what I did over the weekend and I told her I got a "craft bug". If you really know me, you'll know that name is far from the truth, but it was kind of fun and now I am thinking of what else I can do!

This is the old...what attracted me to this in the first place? I have no idea.

This is the new:
Just scrapbook paper and some decoupage. I thought it was going to be a little brighter, but for it will work for fall! I made another one with too and they're hung in our dining "area".

My hooter hider, aka nursing cover. I actually made this a couple of weeks ago, but never posted it. Of course, now that I finally have boobs I have to keep them covered!

I got this ledge as a wedding gift and never used it, but found it when I cleaned out our closets a month or so ago. Since the whole miscarriage thing(in Dec), we have a greater understanding and appreciation for the word FAITH in our home. Cliche as it is, I like it. I bought some wooden letters, painted them, and attached them to damask scrapbook paper. Viola. I hung this in our bedroom.

8 comments:

Colleen said...

Very cute! I made my own hooter hider too. They're so expensive, but so easy to make yourself!

(Someone's "nesting" already!)

Chelsea said...

careful... you'll be scrapbooking in no time! :)

Where did you find the cute fabric? That is usually my problem with sewing...i'm picky about fabric!

We are 3. said...

My fabric came from a local store called Bigsby's-- its a little more expensive, but totally worth it!

Lindsey said...

The scrapbook paper and decoupage is really cute! How did you make it?

scott and linds said...

Thats awsome whit!! You are so crafty- i love it all! Great to talk to you this weekend- miss you.

Lyndsie and Daniel said...

Wow, you are quite the crafter! I would love to make one of those decoupage things. Kay Whit, it's time to post some pics of the belly. I want to see it!

Kristen said...

I think that there was something in the air this last week/weekend. It seems that many of us had the crafting bug. Those things look great! You have such great creativity to come up with those things. Way to go. I might have to steal some of your ideas.

Melissa said...

Wow, I am loving your projects, esp. the hooter hider (very funny!) and ledge. What a great idea with the letters over scrapbook paper! I need to re-create! Thanks for the idea. Hope you are feeling well!