Saturday, September 20, 2008

What do you do?

When you cant sleep? Its now 3:45 Saturday morning and I have been awake since 2:30. I don't have any reason why I cant sleep, I just cant. I had to get up to pee and then couldn't get comfortable, so here I am. What have I done? Played several games of solitaire, tried to wake up hubby so I had someone to talk to with loud sighs and tossing and turning-didn't work, checked out craigslist, realized I was starving (I am that way a lot these days) so I ate a bowl of cereal, and now I am catching up on my blogstalking. I would much rather be asleep. Any ideas?

6 comments:

Sherri said...

That has been happening to me a lot lately. It is very boring to be the only one awake in the dark. I'm usually awake from 2am until 4am. It happens after the potty run for me too. I think it is because I lay around too much though.

Unknown said...

You should have called me! I was up too! I just laid in bed though.

So annoying...

CKB said...

Ah the joys of pregnancy. I get insomnia BAD when I am pregnant. Its horrible. Night after night I lay awake and then all day I am exhausted. My doctor said I could take over the counter sleeping pills if I needed to. I don't like taking pills, but after about 4 nights of no sleep, I usually would take one just so I could catch up on some rest. Good luck with the insomnia!

Chelsea said...

Unisom (sleep aid, over-the-counter). I took it almost my entire pregnancy - it was actually to help my constant morning sickness but it had the happy side effect of helping me sleep. You only need to start by taking part of it. I'd use a butter knife and saw it into halves or thirds, the whole pill is WAY too strong. There was no way I was addicted to it in the long run - you're so tired when you have that baby that you'll sleep easy without em!

Call me and we can chat about all these fun woes!

Colleen said...

Oh man, if you're already dealing with insomnia, I can't imagine what the third trimester holds for you!!! Poor girl, all I can do is wish you luck. Sometimes yoga breathing helped for me...

Unknown said...

Tylenol PM is great if you are consistently having trouble sleeping, and it doesn't make me groggy in the morning. Another pregnancy hint: if you're having trouble with heartburn (the bane of my second and third trimesters) and regular Tums don't help, take Pepsid AC before dinner- it's totally safe and has been a lifesaver for me!