Friday, July 4, 2008

Proud to be an American...

The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. I love my country, I love bbq's(or cookouts/grillouts if you live in WI), and I love lazy summer days by the pool.

To kick off the holiday, yesterday we went to Summerfest and saw these guys- Plain White Tees:


Saw her- Ingrid Michaelson:


Saw an hour of these at the lakefront:


And saw WAY too much of this:

Luckily it wans't man on man, but it was still rediculously NOT appropriate for public. Here's the story...

*Reader discretion advised*
There we were, enjoying the Plain White Tee's concert. I look to my left and I notice a young (16 or 17?) couple facing each other and dancing only like mom's and dad's should behind closed doors. I point it out for sheer entertainment purposes to Joel and the Callister's and we have a good laugh. About 5 minutes later, I look left again- now she's dancing behind him and full-on groping him over his shorts. In disbelief, I showed Karen to make sure she saw what I did. Sho' nuff- it was a grope fest over there. Now we were intrigued, disgusted and shocked so we kept glancing back- thinking they would stop. Not only were we in a public place, but they were freaking stading on top of a picnic tabble fully exposed for all to see- no shame! We did go to Summerfest to see a show, but we weren't expecting this! Anyway, it escalated to her hand going down the front of his pants and you can use your imagination from there. Remember, these were probably high school kids!
YUCK!! After that I asked Joel how old our kids would have to be before he let them go down to Summerfest alone and he said 14-15. I disagreed and said 18!

Overall, it was a great night with lots of pure Wisconsin culture: beer, mullets, and more beer!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Gross!!!

I love the 4th. We drove down to Provo and watched the fireworks with the fam, same thing we've done every summer we've lived in Utah! Sounds like a fun concert, besides the teenage skankiness.

Sarah said...

That is so gross! Jake and I were talking the other day about Summerfest and how you can't even walk anywhere without inhaling ciggarette smoke. Now you have to watch people get down and dirty? I pass. I am still in shock that people actually were doing that in public! I would have been tempted to throw something at them and make them fall off the table:)