Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Random

Sometimes my brain is like a pin-ball machine. Joel so kindly pointed it out to me on Sunday as we were discussing one thing and then I started talking about something else while he was clearly still stuck on the prior subject.  His brain doesn’t move as fast as mine, I guess.

Anyway, he calls me random and complicated.  I call it multitasking and efficient. I think know females have this capability more than men. With that being said, this post is for all the women out there who can follow my random thoughts of the day. Men, don’t even waste your time reading this. You just won’t get it.

- Somewhere over the 5+ years of being married, I have changed. Duh, of course that happened. I can’t tell you exactly how or why, but I have.  Sometimes I don’t like what/who I have become. I find myself crotchety, negative and self-centered far too often. I am working on this.

- Being a mother is very challenging and rewarding at the same time. I am on a roller coaster with this kid, and the highs are high and the lows are low. It’s the craziest ride I have ever been on.

- I am an all or nothing person. I’m either in it it to win it or a big fat, zero hero. I don’t really have a ‘grey’ area.  Yeah, I’m working on this too.

- I love friends and girlfriend time. I wish I had more of both. 

- I am a defensive person but only with those who know me really well.  I am afraid of getting hurt and even though I know those closest to me wouldn’t hurt me, I still am quick to defend myself. Weird, I know. You would think that strangers would get me going, but I could care less about what strangers think or say.

- I want to date my husband again.

- I want to have more passion for life, every day.  My days, although busy, can be quite mundane. I have become the lady who you see in her workout clothes at 3pm. I have cute workout clothes, but still, I think getting dressed will help me feel more productive.

Wow, that was more like a tell-all from the Bachelor or something. Speaking of the Bachelor, did you see the wedding last night?

See men, I told you you wouldn’t get it. Ladies, are you with me?

4 comments:

Patten Family said...

Its all right Whit. I am 100% random with my thoughts. Sometimes, I think that is why women can chat for hours and why after 5 minutes Greg gets that look of Sink or Swim.... Hang in there! And yes, I'd like to date again too...someday maybe:)

heidi678 said...

You pretty much read my mind. I'm so with you and completely understand. You're not alone.

Colleen said...

Whitney, all I can say is that it will get easier! Once Carson is a little bit more independent, you'll start feeling like yourself again. It takes a toll, having a little person so entirely reliant on you. It sounds like you guys need to get a babysitting swap going on with someone you trust. That has been amazing for us!

Yup, women are multitaskers/multithinkers for sure!

Melissa said...

Me = multitasker/multitalker/multithinker.

Brian = none of the above.

Yep, I'm with you.

Love your random list. I totally remember being home with just a very little Connor, and having those in-my-sweats-at-3 p.m. days. I say, enjoy it while you can! Now I'm becoming chauffeur mom and going to school mom among other things, which has totally changed how I dress. I don't know how I got to this point, but I do know it happens FAST. And once again, I am swooning over your holiday header.