Saturday, February 27, 2010

Big News…

No, I didn’t find a place to live. No, I’m not pregnant. No, I didn’t clean the bathrooms. Ok, enough speculation. Here’s the news.

As you all know, I have had a little buddy attached at my hip the past 13 months. Albeit a cute little buddy, it was getting old not being able to leave him with anyone besides Joel for fear of a complete melt down.

Fast forward to yesterday: I have always taken Carson with me to my noon personal training appointment, but as he gets older and busier, it’s getting harder and harder. So, I decided to try and leave him with my friend Lindsey and her daughter Carly. I was nervous. Not for him because I knew he would survive, but for Lindsey. Well, low and behold, when I went to pick him up she said he DID NOT CRY AT ALL!! Miracle of miracles!!! That made me one proud mommy.

Then, I got home and there was a message from our pediatrician. We had to get his blood drawn for dairy allergy last week- that’s a whole ‘nother story- and were awaiting the results. She told us that he is NOT allergic to dairy! Bring on the cheese! No, not really because she thinks he still may have a lactose intolerance, but at least we know he can eat it without having a crazy reaction.

You know what is funny? After typing this, I just realized how small these ‘successes’ really are in the big scheme of things. Nonetheless, I am still very proud of my little nut and love making a big deal out of small things.

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Hey, when you're a mom, this kind of stuff IS big news! The whole babysitting success will certainly help with your Paris plans!

Miriam said...

I am so glad for your sake he doesn't have a dairy allergy. It changes the whole way your family eats and the recipes you LOVE and can't make anymore.

Unknown said...

Yay, so glad to hear no dairy allergy. I LOVE babystitters!!! When I went to Dallas my mom said Hudson never cried and slept through the night. It is amazing what happens when your gone.