Sunday, July 26, 2009

Wow.

I am appauled! I hope that millions of people have not read this article and now think i'ts okay to eat as many carbs as you want whenever you want. I mean, no wonder America's- or the world's for that matter- obesity rates are increasing faster than ever!

Here is my rebuttle:
- When you combine carbs with protein, you are likely to NOT eat as many carbs because the protein would fill you up. AND of course it slows GI because your body metabolizes protein different than carbs. DUH.
-You don't need to eat carbs 4/day, you just need to eat smaller meals altogether. Its definitely NOT carbs that keep your blood sugar stabilized, its just the regularity of meals.
- The more you eat carbs (ie: sugar) the more your body craves them. Plus, increasing your glucose levels so frequently can put you at a higher risk for diabetes. You can get all the carbs you need naturally from fruits/veggies/dairy. Limiting the white stuff is KEY. Think Paleo diet!
- Spreading carbs evenly... honestly, how many people have the self control to do this? AND , if you do eat carbs, you want to eat the majority of your carbs in the morning to give your body a chance to burn them.
- She ATLEAST could have mentioned or named good carbs. Sheesh!

If you want more science behind this, let me know!

3 comments:

scott and linds said...

you know your stuff girl!! now if i could only follow that advise..

Laur said...

I am emailing you so check it out if you get a sec

Sean said...

Whitney-

Hello from DC. I just wanted to let you know that you don't need to worry, because I already eat as many carbs as I want, whenever I want, so the article had no effect on me whatsoever! Hope you guys and baby Carson are doing well.