Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Shrimp


I lurve SHRIMP. For real, it is one of my favs. Maybe that explains why I love Carson so much...cause he is our little shrimp! We had his 6 month appointment today and he weighs 14.4 lbs(5th%) and is 26"(30%). The DR did not seem too concerned, but she told me to feed him up to 3 solid meals/day, add olive oil to most things for more calories, and start him on meat for the protein. Apparently, my milk supply sucks (no pun intended). I feel a little bad knowing that he maybe isn't getting all he needs from me, but at the same time he seems like a really happy and content baby, so he may just be small. Who knows.

Hey may be lacking in the weight department, but he definitely isn't lacking in the cute and personality department. This kid is hilarious. He loves to rough house and get tossed up in the air, so much so that sometimes he tosses his cookies. He loves to be outside. He loves to socialize with anyone and everyone. Think how you would describe sheer JOY and that is Carson. He is soo much fun. AND, things are about to get a lot more interesting around here because he loves his hands and knees. Once the crawling starts, I have a feeling I won't be sitting still.

I have to admit, the thing I am most proud of is that he can do the plank... Momma ain't a personal trainer for nothin'! We have him on two-a-days already!

Not much else is going on around the O'Neill house. I wish we had more to report, but the weather has kept us inside and low key most days. We are anticipating warm days {I'll even take 75 degrees and sunny at this point} and cannot wait until we can return to our R&R schedule of daily pool visits. Until then, I'll continue occupying myself by sewing and reading andfeelingsorryformyself. Oh, did I say that? Yeah, I need to buck up.

12 comments:

Colleen said...

Hey, at least you have a super awesome family reunion coming up to look forward to!

Dang, that baby is cute. Can't wait to see you guys!

Teisa Linscott said...

love the plank! I need you as my mom so you can whip me into shape.

Unknown said...

Hilarious. What a little gym rat already!

Jodee Luke said...

oh my gosh that plank position is too cute! 0% body fat is the goal here.

Sarah said...

Carson is just too cute!!!! I can't believe how fast he has grown and that he is already 6 months. And I love the fact that he can do the plank.... way impressive!!!

Melissa said...

Carson is just a doll! Are you guys going to be at the O'Neill reunion? Hope to see you there.

And if it makes you feel better, my kids have all started out small, with similar percentiles to Carson (Isabel remains below the 5th percent; she will be 4 in October and weighs 25 pounds). Connor, though, has totally gained ground and now is in the 40-50th percent. So you never know, he can totally gain ground. After going this road with each of my children, I've learned it comes to are they growing, healthy, active and alert? If so, things are fine.

Amanda said...

He gets cuter everyday! Can't wait to meet him! I was always a shrimp too and always perfectly healthy so I don't think it's a big deal.

Kristen said...

Okay, call me physically challenged but what is the plank? He looks cute though. Be happy he's small. All my boys were 20lbs at 6 months. Don't worry about the "not getting everything from you" sorta thing. He's alive and healthy and there are other options.

Nicki said...

Hey, he's so cute!
We know all about shrimps/peanuts around our house. Sadie was barely 20 lbs. at her 2-year check...the nurses all cheered for us!

Yours, Mine, &, Crazy Daisy said...

Little ones come in all shapes and sizes. Funny how my older girls were both wearing size 4T at 6/7 years old and the youngest weighs as much is they did when they were in 1st grade! Carson is adorable and perfect!

scott and linds said...

Whit- I am loving that last pic! He's a rockstar already! haha- what a stud! He's so cute- who cares if he's a bit small ;) how's the oil treating him? I hope you can get to the pool soon= don't feel too sorry for yourself- at least your sewing and reading.. i haven't been doing much in the "production" area these days! love you guys! xx

Danny and Lauren's Blog said...

Oh man I love his plank! What a babe! At 6 months James was 16lbs - kinda small too. He had a rough start gaining weight but somehow they seem to catch up. Carson looks healthy (and super cute) - he's just a skinny boy - I mean, it's in his genes!!!