Friday, May 29, 2009

Catch up.

Carson turned 4 months old on May 21 and is our long and lean, poopin' machine! He did not sleep but 1 hour on his birthday, I think because he didn't want to miss out on all of the excitement. He finally crashed in his swing for a much needed 2 hour nap.
Height: 25.5" (75%)
Weight: 13 lbs (15%)

He also got his shots and they totally tuckered him out. So much so, that he slept from 7:30pm-10:30 am with only one feeding at 5am. I awakened at 5 when my alarm went off with a, "Oh my gosh, is he alive? Joel? Did you get up with him last night?"
Sure enough he slept the whole night, which he has never even come close to doing! We are praying, seriously, that this isn't just a fluke or from the shots, but that he can sleep like that more often.
If you ask in faith with real intent, you will receive an answer, right?

Joel also entered a new DECADE and turned 30 on May 25th. I "surprised" him with a trip to Minneapolis for the weekend. I say "surprised" because a week before we left I sent him an email saying "Pack your bags 'cause we are leaving next Friday..." and well, he did some investigative work and found out where we were going. To make it worse, he got the mail and saw something addressed to me- which he a)never gets the mail and b) never opens anything with my name on it-from Minneapolis and HE OPENED IT!! The little brat opened his Twins tickets too! He is no fun! He cannot keep surprises to himself, nor wait for a surprise. BOO Joel, but I love you anyway. Good thing I had some other gifts up my sleeve for him that he had no idea about.

Anyway, we had a great time in Minneapolis with gorgeously(word??) perfect weather. In addition to the baseball game, we walked the Mississippi River front, went to the Como Zoo and Conservatory, mosied around a cute little farmers market, saw the new Twins ballpark, and went to Minehaha Park. It was a fabulous weekend, minus the car ride home where an exhausted Carson cried for 3 of the 5 hours and FINALLY fell asleep 20 minutes from home. He and car rides have yet to become friends...








<

To top off our weekend, Carson decided to poop and spit up on me within 5 minutes. We were enjoying Joel's birthday dinner and Carson was on my lap. All of the sudden I felt something slimy on my hands. You can gather what it was. I got up, changed him and cleaned him up and sat back down at the table. Not two seconds later, BLAAAHHH, all over me again! He always keeps things exciting around here!

11 comments:

Sarah said...

Seriously, you two are like the best dressed and best lookin family. Wowee batman!

Megan Kyle and Porter Cross said...

Lol. Love the pics. What a cute baby!

Amanda said...

He is a cute little skinny boy! You look great by the way!

Jodee Luke said...

Boo on Joel...and Carson for pooin' all over you!I'm glad you were able to get out and do some fun things, your pictures look fab!

Um..bring on the shots, maybe that's what Grant needs these days, a little shot in the leg before bedtime!

heather said...

Looks like you had a fun trip. Too bad Joel opened up the mail and ruined the surprise to the baseball game.
And girl, you are looking smokin'! I can't believe Carson is only 4 months old!

Jessica said...

Whit, Your pics are so darling! Looks like such a fun birthday for Joel, what a awesome wifey!

Colleen said...

Love the barf and poo photos. :)

scott and linds said...

Looks like you guys are having some AMAZIMG times! Minneapolis looks awesome and it looks like you guys had such a great trip! Tell Joel Happy Birthday for me! Sorry about the poop and throwup- guess that comes with the mommy thing- totally worth it I'm sure ;)

glad you liked the clothes- i wasn't sure if they'd fit quite yet, but glad he's already rockin them! I really can't wait to meet him! I hope we get to see you guys soon!!!!!! xx

Megan Kyle and Porter Cross said...

Always glad to give a shout out when I have a chance :) It was so good to see you and little Carson. You are such an adorable mommy :) You and Carson are the cutest!

Danny and Lauren's Blog said...

Hottie Mommie, That little guy is getting bigger and cuter everytime I see pics! Long and lean - our guy too. I really wanted a chubby baby - may be next time!

Xoxo,
L

Unknown said...

Somehow I missed this post and just read it today. You look fab and I'm so sad we didn't get to hang more in UT. Stupid swine flu. Tell Joel he looks great in glasses. See ya at Christmas!