Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Favorite

I have never been a fan of Crocs. People have raved and raved about them for the past few years, but I never bought in. I would hear, "They just slip right on" or "they are just so comfortable" but to me, they were just so "blaahh".

Yesterday Joel called me around 11:30 to see if I wanted to go to lunch with him and then if we could hit up REI's (his other wife) big January sale. I thought, sure. One last hot date before the kid comes, why not?

I was so not in the mood to shop, but knew he was LOVING IT! I was looking for the closest bench the whole time to rest my sore back while he was enthralled in nylon pants. I moseyed on over to the women's section to look at {highly overpriced} workout apparel to no avail. Joel found me and suggested we look at slippers (I have been wanting new ones FOREVER). We looked at every kind but they were out of my size. Ready to head out the door, we passed by some Crocs-fur lined, mind you- and I grabbed a pair and slipped them on.

"AHHHHHHHHHH(like angels singing in heaven)," these were them! The perfect slippers!!
I exclaimed to Joel and he replied, "I never knew you liked Crocs."
I never did like them, but they fit my {swollen} feet like butter on bread. Sheer perfection.

I am converted to fur-lined Crocs.

7 comments:

amy said...

Jim has been on top of the REI clearance as well. i've never been a crocs fan...maybe i should try some on. those fur lined ones look pretty nice. both my babies were late...so i know how those last days of pregnancy feel (and beyond!!).

DeAnn said...

Great post. That makes me want some. Hope your little guy comes soon!!

Sarah said...

I know. I have to admit that I own a pair and love them too.

David and Jodee said...

yes I am excited that you found some slippers but I have to admit I was hoping this was a post saying your water broke....maybe tomorrow!!!!

Unknown said...

Welcome to the Croc club!

Mine aren't fur lined...but those sound soo comfy!

Unknown said...

Hang in there Twitter. That baby boy is coming soon. Sorry to hear that you have been so uncomfortable.

Unknown said...

I'm a recent convert to the crocs as well- fur-lined is the best. I've been wearing them every day since Christmas!