Sunday, December 14, 2008

Glory.

Me, in all my pregnancy glory:

36 Weeks

You would think that first time expectant parents would be completely ready for their child by now. I am sure all of you good parents were. But are we? No.

Do we have his crib? No. We still have a couple of weeks before it arrives, at best.
Do we have his car seat and stroller? Working on that too- have to pick it up once it comes in.
Do we have a dresser/changing station? Waiting to be painted by my betrothed.
Do we have diapers, wipes, bath supplies? No
Do we have a swing? I found one I wanted for a really good price but it sold out very quickly. Joel promised me he would find one SOON.
Do we have a bassinet/pack 'n play for him to sleep in the beginning? No
Do we have a name? No
Have we picked out a pediatrician? No, but hope to this week
Have we done a hospital tour? No, but its scheduled for next weekend

But...
Do we have a gross amount of cute clothes? of course
Do we have lots and lots of love to give? absolutely

Pretty sure if he makes an early debut(wishful thinking), everything will turn out just fine. He will still love us even if we don't have everything perfect the moment he comes home, right??
There are days when I surprise myself because I seem so calm with all that is left to do and then there are days(more frequent) I find myself freaking out. This has definitely been the fastest nine months of my life!

We cannot wait to meet our little guy!

And yes, that puny little tree on the table is our only tree this year and we love it. We want to make sure that if he arrives early he won't be intimidated by such a large object in his house.

13 comments:

Sherri said...

You are looking so cute, very similar to your babynamey.com picture on your blog.

heather said...

You look beautiful for being 36 weeks! It's all good if your not ready b/c you have the most important things to give...love! I'm so excited that it is getting close.

CKB said...

Aw, you are a cute pregnant lady!

Jodee Luke said...

you look so cute!!!!

Yours, Mine, &, Crazy Daisy said...

Let's get that shower rescheduled so you can get all those needed items ASAP!!! Why not on a week night or something?

Your baby just needs breast milk or formula, diapers & wipes, (you've got the clothes) and he can sleep with mom and dad if you don't have everything just so. You look amazing and I know you two will be fantastic parents!

:) Patty

Jessica said...

Whit, you are seriously so cute! I'm so excited for you guys. You are going to be a great mom!

Colleen said...

There's no way to be TRULY prepared for your first child. No matter how much stuff you have. My mom says she had to go to the store while she was in labor with Sean because she didn't have anything for him to wear! So at least you have clothes. Everything else is just a bonus. Except diapers. You might consider picking those up! :)

And you are SO cute!

Kristen said...

I can't believe that you are 36 weeks! Starting next week, they won't stop him if he comes! Crazy. You are too cute. Look at that tight little belly.

You know, there is supposedly so much stuff that you are supposed to have for them, but truth is, you don't need half of them. You have plenty of time to figure out what you really want, and return all the things that he never really will use. What you should do is borrow other peoples to see if he really wants all the gear. I never used a swing, and preferred a carrier to a stroller, never used a changing station, Ethan slept in our bed until he was about 2 months, then the pack 'n play until he was 9 months.

Good luck! He should have a great Christmas (if you are lucky he could be a Christmas baby)!

Unknown said...

You look great. I can't WAIT to meet this guy!!!

scott and linds said...

You are most definitely the cutest pregnant girl I've ever seen! (no surprise there)! I can't believe he could really be here any minute and you know what.. who cares about the details! You've got him good clothes, lots of kisses, and a place to crash.. he's set ;) haha. I miss you guys.. Keep us updated and let us know when he comes!

Laur said...

I certainly didn't look that cute when I was pregnant. The whole "glowing pregnant woman" thing didn't happen to me. Dang it!
I can't wait for you to have your little guy whit. Seriously I am so excited.

seanandmichelle said...

No worries Whitney. As long as you get a carseat you are set. By the way, babycenter.com store is closing in Jan., so they have a lot of stuff on sale right now.

The Wilsons said...

Hi Whitney, You look great!!!! When we were in Wisconsin I really liked our pediatrician. His name is Smith. I can't remember his first name, but he was great!!!!!!!!!!!! His office was in Menomonee Falls close to the hospital. I loved him and he was just so great and great. if you haven't found doctor for the little one I would definitely recommend him.