Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Summer, Summer, Summer Time!


There is nothing better than summer-- the warmth of the sun, evening runs, relaxing days at the pool, snowcones, and the smell of bbq's, campfires, and flowers. Really, I could go on and on...point is, I am sick of old man winter (we have had the 10th snowiest season ever- something like 80" of snow) and am ready for warm weather.
Well, this year, instead of waiting for summer to come to me, I am determined to start summer ASAP, but I need your help.
I am going to make a "Songs of Summer" playlist on my ipod and would like you, yes you, to contribute. Leave me a comment with your favorite summer song(s) and why you like it(them).
This is not only for me to get some great songs, but since I do not get to see most of you very often, this will be a way for me to feel more connected to you every time I hear it! Awww- plus, you can check this off as your service project for the month- helping the welfare of a poor, unfortunate gal stuck in the winter doldrums of WI!

If you want a copy of the songs, I will gladly post them so you can taste the sweetness of summer too!

8 comments:

amy said...

soak up the sun by cheryl crow :) hmmm, i don't have a specific reason for liking it.

Kristen said...

What a great idea. Okay, I am totally lame when it comes to the names of songs and who sings them. So hopefully you can understand them. And these two are for memories:

"Everybody Wants to Rule the World" Tears for Fears. This reminds me of those wonderful days eating swedish fish and swedish berries with raw toes at the Cabana Club (we need to have a family reunion there)!

The other is Steve Miller Band's "Take then Money and Run". This reminds me of having your car playing this music as we played in the sand at Bear Lake!

Lexie said...

Oh Cecilia by Simon and Garfunkel always reminds me of driving to Bear Lake with your family. A total summer memory! I am so glad you found my blog- it's fun to see what you've been up to!

Lara said...

ANYTHING by the Beach Boys!!! I always blast them about this time, when I'm housecleaning! Get's you in the mood! (For Spring, heh heh)

Love the blog!

summer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Colbert said...

"Boys of Summer" by Don Henley is the best summer song ever! Go listen to it on you-tube - you'll recognize it.
Rand

Chelsea said...

"Summer Girls" by LFO, It is absolutely hilarious to listen to again, but wait and see, it will have you reminiscing about summertime's past for sure!

Oh, and don't forget "Summertime", old school Fresh Prince!

Unknown said...

Steal my sunshine by LEN!