Sunday, March 9, 2008

Design on a Dime

I decided that I was sick of our bedding, or lack thereof. My mom gave us a duvet cover when we got married and we have just been using that but its faux suede- hard to wash- and just not what we wanted. I have been looking to purchase bedding for a really long time, but resisted the urge, hoping to move into a home and decorate our room how I really wanted it. Well, 3.5 yrs later, we are still not in a home, so I decided to make a change.

On Friday I went to JoAnn's Fabric store and picked out fabric. I wanted something simple and classy, yet fun. This is what I came up with. I like it because I can change the accent color(lime green) as I please with the zippers I sewed in the pillows. I figured you cant go wrong with black and winter white- very versatile.
I had so much fun making all this! I worked on it all Friday night and about 5 hours on Saturday. Joel thought I was nuts because he kept on asking what I wanted to do and I just said "sew". Needless to say he had a very uneventful weekend. :)
We dont have a headboard either, so I am working on making a fabric panel to hang on the rod you see above the bed.

Before:
Drab and Dull


After:




8 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute!!! I love it!

Kristen said...

Whoa! did you really sew all of that? The pillows too? You are amazing. You need to come help us do ours.

Laur said...

Wow thats amazing! I never knew you had this talent!!! I have never sewn a thing in my life.
My bedding needs a make over as well..we are still in our wedding quilt too!

Chelsea said...

I love it!!!!!!

Back in the day when I registered for stuff, my mom kept telling me that I can't do "black and White" everywhere in my house - i have to choose colors. I'm so glad i ignored her, I am obsessed!! You're right - it is so easy to change the accent color. Needless to say i LOVE your bedding! Well done, I'm impressed that you can sew in a zipper.

scott and linds said...

Love it! So funny- we have a VERY similar bed spread ourselves ;) Great styles think alike. Although I didn't do any of the sewing so I'm VERY impressed- nice girl! I wish I was more domestic- I think Scott does too ;) haha 2 bad!

Lauren said...

How are you guys? Haven't seen you in forever! When do you make it back out to Utah?

Lauren

Vic, Linds, and the girls... said...

Hey you!! Thx for finally saying HI!! Hello I didn't even know you had a blog. So i was glad you found me. And I love your new bedding it is awesome, we have lime green accents in our master bed/bath too. Hey Tell Summer to add me to her accepted readers... I want to see her cute family lindsaydream@hotmail.com
Hope things are going well!! You are such a cute couple. You need to post more pics of the two of you...:)

The Pizza Family said...

So cute!!! I love the new bedding!! I too need a change.. i'm so sick of mine.. way to go making your own! Look at you!!