Sunday, May 23, 2010

Our Dwelling

Here are some pics of our very humble, unfinished home. Have I mentioned I love where we live? I don’t know why it took us 5.5 years to get here… well, I do but I won’t expand on that subject. We are still renting but feel really blessed to have found the perfect place for us right now.

Our home is 3 bedrooms and 1.5 bath with an unfinished basement. It’s an older home and some things have not been refinished- think countertops and cabinets- but I soon got over those when I realized what an awesome location we were in. The bedrooms are really great sizes and we have tons of closet space. We have all hardwood upstairs and tile and carpet on the main. I also get asked a lot if we painted and the answer is NO. The colors aren’t necessarily what we would have chosen, but the lady who lived here before had painted and we had the option to keep it or go with sterile white throughout. Hmm, that was a tough one. One bummer about the place: our dishwasher is ‘yours truly’. Yes, I am the dishwasher. It really isn’t that bad but I will sure be glad when we get one again.

Okay, without further ado ‘cause I know ya’ll are gonna pee your pants in anticipation, here’s our abode:

Please forgive me, as I realized halfway through that my flash should have been on for these, so some are terrible quality. Oh well, you’ll get the ‘gist’ of it.

034010 012

Dining Area minus 1 chair that I am still working on:015017

Half Bath:

019021

Kitchen:

023026025

Eat in Kitchen:

024

Our Bedroom:

007

Office/Den/Extra Room:

006  

Carson’s toys OUT OF MY SIGHT! :027

My sweet laundry room (I know you are all jealous!):030

Joel’s favorite part of the house- STORAGE:031 

Two car garage:

 035

Backyard:

037 038

I didn’t take pictures of Carson’s room or our upstairs bath. The bath is not that exciting and Carson was sleeping when I took these.

And last but not least:

The cutest little boy that you ever did see…003

13 comments:

Sarah said...

I LOVE your new place!!!!! I am so jealous of ALL that space and I LOVE your dining room table and chairs. I can't believe how stinkin cute Carson is:)

Kristen said...

Whit that looks great! More than you can ask for! What great place for you. Thanks for the pics, I am glad to see where you dwell.

Oh, and he is a pretty darn cute thing!

Jenna Anderson said...

Wow, what a great place. I am glad you like it!

DeAnn said...

Thanks for the pictures! It looks great. I'm glad you have all that extra space now. Someone told me you had bought--I didn't realize you were still renting. Have fun washing dishes! :) I'm glad I got to see you.

Colleen said...

Yay for having a yard! Seriously a MUST once you have a rugrat. I can't believe how BIG Carson has gotten! He is such a cutie! Glad you love the new house. I'm jealous of your hardwood floors. Someday I'd love a house with NO carpet!

heather said...

Love it! You know, it's not bad to be renting. We are renting a house right now and it's just the best. With the way the economy is I feel better with renting. If something were to happen we can just pick up and leave.
Anyway, glad you like your new place. It's super cute!

Jessica said...

I'm so glad you posted some pics! It really does look like a great place! How fun to have a basement for toys and a yard of your own.

Yours, Mine, &, Crazy Daisy said...

Love it! It already looks like a home. What perfect timing with summer showing up early this year! Congrats, O'Neill's!

:) Patty

PS Thanks for caring to hear our sad story yesterday...you are so kind!

Melissa said...

Congrats on a lovely place! A fabulous change, I'm sure. Love your dining table/chairs that you are working on! And Carson is seriously a doll. Enjoy!

Patten Family said...

Looks so nice Whitney. We're really happy for you. Hope you stay forever:) PS: Carson is too cute!

Unknown said...

I bet Carson is loving the new place with all the space!! I love all your decorations too!!

Megan said...

I love it! This is in Cedarburg, right? I'm jealous of all the space you have! So nice!

Lauren said...

Love it! Is that the table you refinished? Storage space is so wonderful isn't it!?