Thursday, April 8, 2010

Paris

I don’t even know where to begin.

The trip was amazing.

Our hotel was on the Champs-Elysees. Shopping bliss.

The French have mastered pastries: beignets, waffles, croissants.

My pictures don’t do the beauty of the architecture, culture or city justice. At all.

It rained a lot.

We laughed even more.

I learned 'un peu' French.

My love for {good} cheese was rekindled.

I could definitely live there.

001

The Louvre:

004003  017056 049

Notre Dame:

 028019013

Sacre Coeur:

066  

Versailles:

014010    021 038 

Arc De Triomphe:

This was our view right outside our hotel.

003        005

Metro: One of the few remaining original iron metro entrances.

027

8 comments:

Teisa Linscott said...

I'm jealous!! It looks amazing! It was fun to see you when I was in Wisconsin. Let me know when you come to SLC.

vanessa said...

So fun! The pics look great. Brings me back! I did a 3 week trip to France with my French class when I was a senior in high school. So much to see! Glad you had a good time. I'd love to go back someday.

Mental Ward said...

All I can say is "WOW"

Nick B

Unknown said...

Wow looks like you had a blast!!! Fun to see pics.

Kristen said...

Oh Whit, I am so jealous! How beautiful and fun. Madame Falsone (Bonneville) made that place seem so amazing! Glad you had a great time!

Colleen said...

Oh, my heart! Jim and I only spent two days in Paris and it was amazing. We would really love to have to opportunity to live ANYWHERE in Europe for a couple of years so we could travel to our hearts' desires...

Yours, Mine, &, Crazy Daisy said...

So happy for you! What beautiful memories you'll have of your mom/sisters trip! :)

Patty

summer said...

I miss Paris! I thought of you this week - if you had been there when the volcano erupted...you could have had maybe an extra week in Paris! For you that would have been great - I'm sure Joel & Carson would have gone nuts!

Again...love the pictures, they bring back wonderful memories of that amazing city!