Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thanksgiving

We had the opportunity to go to St. George for Thanksgiving with the Hatch family and I wasn’t about to pass it up. I love St. George for many reasons, but my #1 has to be the weather. It’s just perfect.  I appreciate it so much more now, especially because Milwaukee has less than ideal weather this time of year. With that being said, we enjoyed a beautiful 63 degree Thanksgiving day and were even able to eat outside. 005011

In the 6 Thanksgivings that Joel and I have had together, we’ve only spent the last two years with family because Joel always has to work the Friday and Saturday after {and even this year Joel was without fam} so we have stayed in Milwaukee.  Needless to say, it was great being with family but it didn’t feel quite right being away from Joel on Thanksgiving.

Although we missed Joel, we didn’t sulk in our sorrow. :) Carson was able to play with his cousins and warm up {kind of} to other people. He especially loved his POPS, my dad.  And, I was able to catch up with my Dad and Jo, Grandma, siblings and SIL’s, aunts and uncles, and cousins. Man oh man, I miss having family nearby.

009  014

001

The ‘real’ reason for the trip was to celebrate my Dad and Jo’s 20th wedding anniversary, which we did on Friday. We had family pictures and then a little party that night where Jo presented this awesome slide show she put together of the past 20 years. Oh the memories!

{pictures of the anniversary party to come}

1 comment:

scott and linds said...

How fun! I love that black and white pic of all those kids. ;) I'm glad you were able to see the family and spend some time with them. Its crazy how when you get older, you really appreciate those moments more and more. You're looking gorgeous lady! xx